Founded in 1974, Osprey Packs offers backpacks fit for hiking, cycling, and trailing, among many other outdoor activities. Inspired by his backpacking experiences when he was young, founder Mike Pfotenhauer cradled a vision of creating strong and custom-fitted packs up until his teenage years.
With more than forty years in the business, the manufacturing and distributing of Osprey Packs continues to surge at high rates. To efficiently cater to customer needs, Osprey has built warehouses to streamline their services throughout the country. If you are interested in joining Pfotenhauer’s dedicated team, then make sure to try any of these rewarding Osprey distribution center jobs:
Distribution Center Manager
Every warehouse needs a head. To provide leadership to the team, Osprey distribution center jobs for managers are opened for qualified applicants.
As with any other distribution center manager post, the applicant is expected to integrate and optimize the logistics and operations of the warehouse.
Tasks of a distribution center manager include:
- Supervising staff, ensuring that they follow protocols and regulations
- Oversee receiving, sorting, distributing, and quality control of goods and products.
- Supervise shipping and receiving activities.
To qualify for these open Osprey distribution center jobs, applicants should possess the following:
- High School Diploma, although a Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Management experience
- Work experience in shipping and receiving
Distribution Center Supervisor
Assisting the Distribution center manager in streamlining operations is the distribution center supervisor. This is one of the vacant Osprey distribution center jobs worth trying, especially if you have had prior experience in warehousing.
As the distribution center supervisor, your primary responsibility is to supervise the efficient receiving, stocking, order filling, and shipping processes in the warehouse.
Other duties of a distribution center supervisor include:
- Planning daily and weekly production goals.
- Reviewing daily and weekly reports.
- Utilizing standard operating procedures to address any issues or concerns within the area.
- Ensuring safety and quality control measures are met.
- Creating training programs that can improve staff performance or morale.
- Conducting employee evaluating and counselling.
- Interviewing and screening candidates for Osprey distribution center jobs.
To qualify as Osprey warehouse’s distribution center supervisor, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Two or more years of warehouse supervisory experience
- Experience in automated distribution center processes
- Experience in the usage of Warehouse Management Systems
- Experience in inventory accounting
- Good communication skills
- Good employee relation skills
- Good computer usage skills
- Ability to tolerate bending, lifting, stooping, squatting, and kneeling
Everybody starts at the bottom – as he works his way up. If it’s your first time to do warehouse work, then make sure to apply for entry-level Osprey distribution center jobs, such as this one.
It can be said that the warehouse worker is the backbone of the distribution center. He is primarily responsible for the assembly of product orders, as well as its placement on freights for timely deliveries.
Other essential responsibilities of Osprey warehouse workers include the following:
- Storing and stacking merchandise appropriately.
- Moving goods to storage areas or other locations.
- Loading trucks or semi-trailers with the use of pallet jacks, forklifts, and other moving equipment.
- Reviewing placed orders and assembling these accurately.
- Documenting transfers, movements, and shipments through pen and paper or electronic recording devices.
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization within the distribution center.
To qualify for these vacant Osprey distribution center jobs, you need to meet the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift materials weighing as much as 50 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to push/pull goods weighing as much as 100 pounds repeatedly
- Experience in operating forklifts
Because of the company’s continuous growth, more and more Osprey distribution center jobs are made available every day. If you have the passion for excellent and greatness, then there is no reason why you should not try out for these exciting vacancies!