CDW was found in the year 1984 by entrepreneur Michael Krasny who currently ranks on Fortune magazine’s list of the wealthiest Americans. Initially incorporated as “MPK Computing” by its founder, the company was later named as Computer Discount Warehouse and now shortened as CDW. By 2001, John Edwardson became company’s new CEO and Chairman ending 20 year reign of Michael Krasny. Under the salient leadership of John Edwardson the company’s revenues increased from $3.8 billion in the year 2000 to more than $8.8 billion in 2010.
By 2006, the company opened a new distribution center in North Las Vegas, Nevada which was about 513,000-square-foot. In the same year, CDW acquired Berbee, one of the top reseller of IBM, Cisco, and Microsoft products and services. Today the company generates revenue of $10.1 billion employing nearly 6,800 workers in 25 locations across the U.S. and Canada. Currently the company has balanced portfolio with 250,000+ customers.
CDW Distribution Center Jobs:
Logistics Manager – Transportation Systems Management
The Logistics manager leads the operation of transporting goods both into CDW facilities and to the customers place. He/She will be responsible for setting guidelines and monitoring whether the policies are followed. Some of the primary responsibilities are listed below
- Manages and approves all the international shipments
- Controls all the transportation activities
- Develops leadership qualities among coworkers
- Takes important decisions and implements changes on transportation
- Teaches all the workers involved with international shipments
- Establishes and maintains policies and guidelines related to CDW international commerce activities.
- Bachelor degree or 7 years Logistics experience
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
The primary responsibility of the Shipping Supervisor is to manage and process all the outbound order in the same day. In addition, the supervisor has to communicate with various departments to initiate solutions for achieving business goals.
- Ensures all the outbound orders are checked for quality, freighted and invoiced accurately
- Motivates coworkers and ensures all the orders are shipped on the same day
- Resolve coworker issues and escalates them to the top management if required
- Enforces and follows the company’s safety guidelines
- Ensures work area is kept clean and the garbage is dumped properly.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in a warehouse environment
- Expert in Microsoft Office
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take up challenging tasks and should be comfortable working in changing temperatures.
Employees working In CDW enjoy the following benefits
- Discounted Product Purchases
- 401(k) Plan
- Group Accident Insurance
- Dental and vision Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Sports Team Sponsorships
- Full-Service Coffee Bar and many more
Online Job Application:
To apply for a job in CDW, log on to their company’s official website http://www.cdwjobs.com/ . If you are a first time users, you will be prompted to create a login username and password. Once you have logged into the website, search for the desired job in the preferred location in the job search box. After finalizing the desired job role, provide the suitable profile information that fits the employer needs. Finally click on “Apply Now”.
Account managers working in CDW earn around $26,365 per month. Similarly consultants are paid $40 – $100 per hour while the executive gets $25 per hour.
Employees working at CDW are satisfied with their company with 89% approve of the CEO.
Pros of working at CDW:
- Proper training and challenging work opportunities
- Work/Life Balance
- Company culture and atmosphere
- 401(k) offerings has to be improved
- Too much of work pressure