Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Wesco is one of the leading names in the world of supply chain management and logistics services. As of the moment, Wesco oversees nine fully-automated distribution centers. With more than 75,000 customers under its belt, the company is always in the lookout for people who can occupy vacant Wesco distribution jobs. Here are some openings you ought to try out:
Warehouse Operations Manager
Want to take up challenging Wesco distribution jobs? Then you ought to apply as a Warehouse Operations Manager. This entails the responsibility of overseeing the procedures and personnel of the distribution center. More specific tasks include:
- Monitor warehouse operating expenses
- Preparation of annual budget and capital expenditures
- Oversee inventory management
- Develop plans that will enhance distribution center productivity
- Ensure that warehouse equipment and machines are in good order
- Ensure that Wesco and Government policies are followed within the warehouse
To become a warehouse operations manager, you need to meet the following requirements:
- High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 years warehousing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Impeccable managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Commendable customer service skills
- Time management skills
Are you a go-getter? Do you think that you can accomplish any project, big or small? Then make sure to try out for a Project Manager, one of the most fulfilling Wesco distribution jobs. As a project manager, you are primarily responsible for team coordination. You need to identify the needed resources and create schedules that will ensure the timely completion of the project.
To become a good project manager, you need to possess the following:
- 2 to 4 years experience in warehousing or project development
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and construction products
- Good computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Customer service skills
Because of its looming business, the warehouse associate opening is one of the most important Wesco distribution jobs. As a warehouse associate, you are in charge of picking, packing, stock keeping, receiving, and shipping activities. Other tasks include counter sales, quality assurance programs, and housekeeping.
To take hold of these Wesco distribution jobs, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Ability to operate hand and power tools
- Ability to move 25 pounds
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Eye for detail
- Ability to work harmoniously with other warehouse workers
You’ll also be glad to know that prior warehouse experience is preferred, but not required for these Wesco distribution jobs.
Customer Service Associate
Wesco distribution jobs are more than just the heavy work. As a customer service associate, you can be based in the warehouse without doing backbreaking work.
Your primary responsibility as a customer service associate is to relay information regarding Wesco’s products and services. You also need to receive orders and provide the customers with the vital information they need to know. Handling customer requests and complaints is another vital aspect of these Wesco distribution jobs.
To become a customer service associate, you need to be:
- Customer service oriented
- Good team worker
- Proficient in problem solving and trouble shooting
CDL A Truck Driver
Because of the company’s many customers, Wesco distribution jobs always entail the need for truck drivers. If you have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License, then you can be part of the competitive Wesco team.
As a CDL A Truck Driver, it is your main responsibility to transport products from and towards the desired destinations. You also need to prepare the delivers, and assist in loading/unloading as needed. Apart from these tasks, you may also perform warehouse duties reserved for other Wesco distribution jobs.
To become a CDL A truck driver, you need to have 1 year’s worth of truck driving experience under your belt.