Sears Holdings Corporation is the top home appliance retailer and a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment and automotive repair and maintenance. Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard are the main proprietary brands of the company. Edward Lampert is the company’s CEO.
The history of Sears dates back to 1886 when Richard W. Sears, a railroad agent in Minnesota, began the R.W. Sears Watch Company in Minneapolis. In the year that followed, he hired a watchmaker named Alvah C. Roebuck and in 1893 the firm officially came to be known as Sears, Roebuck and Co. The company launched the Kenmore brand in 1913 and the Craftsman brand in 1927. Simpsons-Sears, Ltd. was started in Canada in the year 1953. Sears bought The Dean Witter Reynolds Organization and Coldwell, Banker & Company in 1981.
The Sears Holdings Corporation was born in 2005 when Sears and Kmart (of Troy, Michigan) merged together. In the same year Sears Essentials; a new store format was introduced by the company. In June 2008, the company introduced Servicelive.com, with an intention to connect the Sears customers with local contractors for home improvement projects. The Sears Automotive business opened a new Independent Sears Auto Center franchise program in February 22, 2010. It offered the automobile dealers the opportunity to operate licensed Sears Auto Centers. Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation are the company’s subsidiaries.
Sears Distribution Center Jobs:
DC Operations Manager:
The candidate applying for this post should have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Logistics and should have a minimum of seven years’ experience in distribution center management or in an equivalent field. The job responsibilities are
- Organize and manage the flow of goods including the unloading, checking in and detailing of goods
- Observe, evaluate, manage and make suggestions to key productivity indicators, such as financial, productivity, service and people goals to reduce and control costs
- Assure accuracy, housekeeping, product damage minimization and safety
- Cultivate and evaluate suitable procedures for processing the products, focusing on high quality work processes. etc.
Lead, Material Handling:
The applicant should have completed high school or GED and should have 1 – 2 years of experience in a related field. The job responsibilities are
- Detect and solve problems when they arise
- Drive a lift truck
- Communicate regularly with the Assistant Manager/ Manager on the performance of the associates
- Partake in the daily activities of shipping/receiving as required
- Ensure effective functions of all parts including bin maintenance and cycle counts
- Health and welfare benefits like Medical, Dental, life insurance etc
- Pension plan [401 (K)]
- Other benefits like Discount Policy, Employee Assistance Program and Voluntary Benefits
Online Job Application:
To apply for a job in Sears Distribution Center, visit the company’s official website http://www.searsholdings.com/ . Then navigate to the careers section where you will find a job search box, search for the desired job in the preferred location. Once you have finalized on the job role to apply, provide your detailed profile and click on apply now.
The product manager earns about $96,500 per month while the store General Manager earns about $74,291/ month.
The company gets moderate rating from its employees with only 31% of them are willing to recommend the company to their friends. The CEO gets approved by only 19% of them. Some employees feel that the company is productive place to work and it is the stepping stone on the path of success. But majority are not satisfied and are of the opinion that the management has no regard for the employees and they have to do too much overtime, poor health care benefits, very short break time and so on.