When it comes to farming supplies, nothing beats the complete line of products (and low prices) of the Rural King company. Founded in 1960, this Illinois-based corporation now has 78 stores dotted throughout Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Missouri, and Florida, to name a few.
With its wide array of products – ranging from riding mowers to tractor/trailer parts and accessories – Rural King needs to expand by opening more and more warehouses. And with these new warehouses come a handful of Rural King distribution center jobs, such as the ones below:
Warehouse Area Manager
Ensuring the streamlined flow of operations in the distribution center is the Warehouse Area Manager. His primary function is assisting the Warehouse Manager in providing the needed materials, supplies, and equipment. He also helps in enhancing the receiving, distributing, and warehousing processes.
Other tasks that need to be performed by applicants for these Rural King distribution center jobs include:
- Enforcing operational and staff policies/procedures
- Ensuring safety throughout the website through the implementation of proper guidelines and SOPs
- Completing warehouse operational requirements
- Controlling inventory levels through physical counts
- Supervising employee performances
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Establishing a positive and harmonious working atmosphere
To qualify for these Rural King distribution center jobs, applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Experience in warehouse supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task
At the forefront of distribution center operations is the warehouse associate. As such, it is one of the most important Rural King distribution center jobs that need to be filled.
The primary responsibility of the warehouse associate is the receiving, inputting, sorting, loading, and unloading of products within the distribution center. Other functions include:
- Accurate processing, packaging, and shipping of merchandise
- Organizing stocks
- Maintaining inventory
- Inspecting merchandise for damages or defects
- Checking and filling customer orders
- Examining shipments
- Organizing and cleaning warehouse space
The requirements for the warehouse associate opening are rather simple. Applicants need to be 18 years old and above, and should be able to pass the mandatory drug screening. Interested parties should also be able to lift products weighing at least 50 pounds occasionally.
Internet Shipping Associate
In this modern day and age, internet shopping has become the norm. To cater to the needs of these buyers, the company has opened Rural King distribution center jobs for Internet shipping associates.
This job entails the performance of day-to-day warehouse operations, which including picking, packaging, and shipping, among many other responsibilities. Other duties include:
- Receiving and staging new inventory
- Controlling inventory through physical counts and inventory management systems
- Accomplishing shipping goals and objectives efficiently
- Maintaining high productivity within the area
- Leading fellow employees
Applicants interested in the said position are needed to meet the following requirements:
- Ability to operate a forklift or pallet jack
- Ability to push, pull or lift items weighing about 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Good visual acuity
- Good communication skills
- Stellar work history
Rural King distribution center jobs for logistics coordinators deal with the routing of products towards the warehouse and company stores. It also involves the routing of freight from other states as well as other countries.
Other essential functions include:
- Approving and ensuring data accuracy of freight invoices
- Confirming deliveries and placed orders
- Collecting import documents
- Transferring international orders
- Entering routing requests and tracking such products
- Tendering loads and negotiating rates with carriers
Requirements needed from applicants are the following:
- Experience in logistics, tracking freight, and shipping
- Experience in leadership or management
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Computer proficiency
- Multi-tasking abilities
There are many Rural King distribution center jobs for interested parties. Apply for any of these openings today!