Rite Aid, a drugstore chain located in the USA provides lots of career paths for qualified professionals. Let’s look into employment options available at Rite Aid
In 2011, the company was ranked on Fortune 500 list of largest U.S. Corporations. Employing over 89,000 associates, Rite Aid is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol RAD
Jobs in Rite Aid distribution center:
Assistant store manager: The purpose of Assistant store manager is to assist the Store Manager and the Co-Manager with the operation of the store. The assistant store manager has to maintain safety and pleasant environment for the customers and the staffs, ensure the store opens and closes at the appropriate time and proper procedures are followed while transactions.
Apart from this, the Assistant store manager will be also responsible for the functions listed below
- Analyze monthly reports and provide necessary recommendations for improvement.
- Carry out sales ads and appropriate price changes
- Offer guidance and development for associates
- Make sure that all obsolete products are removed from the sales floor to be processed through the returns process
- Ensure adherence to compliance with Laws and Regulations
Overnight co-manager: The primary task of an Overnight co-manager is to carry out the responsibilities of the store manager in his/her absence. The other functions are same as the assistant store manager.
Store manager trainee:
The responsibilities of a store manager trainee are
- Attending all the management development program training classes
- Helping Store Manager in managing and directing the operations of the store and complete his/her duties
- Providing assistance for pharmacy department
- Assisting with the general maintenance of the store
- Implementing all the safety rules and regulations set by the company and governmental agencies
The rest is as same as the assistant store manager.
Security: As the name indicates, the purpose of this position is to ensure the security of the distribution center and its staffs.
Responsibilities of security are:
- Control of keys to the distribution center
- Regular inspections of the distribution center
- Proper maintenance of first aid safety kits
- Observe activities of the staffs inside the distribution center
- Should possess knowledge over video monitoring, recording equipment, music systems, fire suppression systems, and burglar alarm panels in the distribution center and etc
Benefits: The following benefits are relished by the faculties of the rite aid distribution centers.
- Health plan
- Dental plan
- Vision Discount Plan
- Basic life insurance
- Dependent life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Bereavement leave
- Disability program and many more
How to apply for a job at Rite Aid Distribution center
Visit https://www.riteaid.com/about-us/careers and click on “Apply for available distribution positions here”. You will land on a page where you can search for jobs by Keyword, Location and Job Area. After selecting the appropriate job in the desired location, click the ‘Apply to Job(s)’ button. If you don’t have a login, you can create one by selecting ‘Create login’ or else you can login with your Facebook or Google or LinkedIn accounts.
The average salary of the store manager is around $ 40,000, while the pharmacist is paid around $ 43.84 per hour. Reviews points out the fact that the company has a safe and friendly work environment with a good pay. Many people feel that the company is good for a first job. There were also few dissatisfactions such as short break time, less room for advancement in career and low pay for certain posts like cashier specialist and pharmacy technician.