Payless distribution center jobs

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 LinkedIn 0 0 Flares ×

Company history:

Payless ShoeSource Logo

Payless is an American discount footwear store founded by the brothers Louis Pozez and Shaol Pozez in 1956 in Topeka, Kansas. The store offer dress, shoes, slippers, and sandals for men, women, and kids

In 1996, it became an independent publicly held company. After acquiring Stride Rite Corporation in August 17, 2007, the company changed its name to ‘collective brands’. Payless has about 4,100 stores throughout the Americas along with 175 franchised stores located primarily in Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. The company has total revenue of US$3.4 billion with 13,500 employees. Payless ShoeSource is now owned by Payless Holdings, formed due to the breakup of its parent company Collective Brands.

Jobs in Payless distribution center:

Distribution Center Operations Manager:

Operations Team Leader has to direct and organize undertakings of Operations Team Members concerned with receiving, packing, and loading cases/pairs of shoes. The job responsibilities are as follows

  • Make sure that the equipment’s are well maintained and the product flow is efficient
  • Provides operational leadership to the Distribution Center
  • Coordinate with members of management team in reviewing and implementing production plan.
  • Assists the DC Director in the improvement of business strategies and ensures their implementation.
  • Improve the productivity of the team by directing and motivating them.
  • Create a secure work environment.
  • Have a good understanding about the economic and accuracy goals and communicate them.
  • Support Labor Management and execute operating standards

Distribution Center – Maintenance Team Member:

Job Description/Responsibilities:

  • Maintain, repair, and upgrade electrical Fork Lift trucks, conveyor system, and sorter systems are needed.
  • Maintenance of Distribution Center facilities such as office fixtures, plumbing, racking and other structural improvements
  • Must be hard working and reliable


Staff of Payless distribution center enjoys the following benefits

•          Medical, Dental and Vision Plans

•          Life and Disability Insurance

•          Flexible Spending Accounts

•          Retirement 401(K)

•          Employee Stock Ownership Plan

•          Product Discounts

•          Employee Assistance Program

•          National Partner Discount

Payless distribution center locations:

Payless distribution centers are located in the following places

•          Alabama

•          Arkansas

•          Arizona

•          California

•          Colorado

•          Connecticut

•          Delaware

•          Florida

•          Georgia

•          Illinois

•          Indiana and many more

Reviews by the employees:

Payles ShoeSource StoreThe store gets a 3.5 stars for the management, job culture and job work. Most of the employees working in Payless ShoeSource are satisfied with the compensation/benefits and job security they get. They were also little dissatisfaction like under paid, overworked and under-appreciated.

Part time and seasonal workers are mostly disappointed because they are not eligible for the company benefits. A majority of workers have appreciated the productivity of the distribution center. The employee reviews suggest the fact that 90% of them are happy about the work environment, jobs and while the remaining 10% feel bad about the long standing hours with very short or no breaks except for the one hour of lunch break, high expectations and low pay.

Apply for a job in Payless ShoeSource

To apply for a job in Payless, visit and select the desired job at preferred location. Once you are done with selecting the job, click on “Apply Now”. If you are a first time user, then you will be prompted to create a new username and password. For the returning visitor, they can apply directly using their username and password.