The company was founded by Fred Chang, an immigrant from Taiwan in the year 2001. Newegg.com was chosen as one of the Internet’s Top 10 retailers by Internet Retailer Magazine in 2005.
In 2009, the company was listed #234 on the Forbes America’s Largest Private Companies list. Newegg launched their marketplace in 2010 and exceeded over $2.5 billion in revenue during the same year. Newegg also sponsors many of the technology industry events and PC gaming tournaments. During 2005, they had a monthly contest (Case Mod) that allowed participants to submit their pictures, explanations, and guidelines describing how to mod their computers into creative appearances and functionalities.
Currently the company has about 2,500 employees who were involved in producing more than 3 million Newegg products. The company also owns and operates a large warehouse of about 1,000,000 sq.ft long space in the US. This in-turn helps them provide lightning speed delivery and logistics.
Newegg Distribution Center Jobs:
The primary responsibility of the supervisor is to take leadership and ensure all policies and procedures of the warehouse operations are maintained. Some of the other key responsibilities include
- Direct and take control of the inventory control system
- Train and develop warehouse workers to provide quality customer service
- Maintain quality control standards ensuring customer satisfaction
- Conduct performance evaluations for all warehouse associates
- Execute and follow company policies and procedures
- Manage safe operation of all power equipment’s
- High School diploma or equivalent experience
- 3+ or more years of experience in warehouse supervision
- Should be strong in problem solving techniques and mathematics
Inventory Management Supervisor
The primary responsibility of the Inventory Management Supervisor is to manage the inventory and their movement across distribution centers. He/she should keep track of on-hand inventory, inventory in-transit, and manage product life cycles. Other responsibilities include
- Organize distribution of products to various distribution centers
- Help the transportation team in planning and scheduling the transportation services
- Manage all the inventory reports on daily, weekly, or monthly basis
- Maintain inventory databases for establishing performance metrics and dashboard reporting
- Work with various teams to assist in proper movement of goods
- Analyze and make recommendations on customer service and inventory goals
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics or business related discipline required
- 4-6 years’ experience in inventory management, forecasting or transportation
- Excellent communication and mathematical skills
- Ability to work with MRP/ERP systems
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Voluntary – Supplemental Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Performance Based Compensation System
- Educational Assistance Program / Tuition Reimbursement and many more
Online Job Application:
To apply for a job in Newegg Distribution Center, visit the company’s website http://www.newegg.com/Careers/TabIndex.aspx . Click on the “Find a Career” link, you will be taken to the job listings webpage. Search for the desired job in the preferred location using appropriate keywords. After finalizing on the job role to apply, select the job and click on the apply button. First time visitors will be prompted to create their job profile before applying.
The product manager earns about $40k -$52k per month whereas a marketing specialist gets around $35k – $45k per month. Similarly associates working in Newegg are paid about $8 – $12 per hour.
The employees working in Newegg are clearly unhappy with the company as only 25% of them are willing to recommend this company to their friends. And only 10% Approve of the CEO.
Listed are the pros and cons of working in Newegg
- Friendly and helpful colleagues
- Good benefits and a good place to start your career
- Bad management
- Poor company culture
- Low pay and politics
- Improper Work Life Balance
- Very less number of holidays and paid time off