Company information – Michaels Stores, Inc
The store produces ten exclusive brands such as Recollections®, Studio Décor™, Bead Landing™, Creatology™, Ashland™ and many more. The average Michaels store contains 40,000 different products in 18,200 square feet of space.
Job Opportunities at Michaels Stores, Inc
Distribution Center Operations Manager
The Operations Manager provides operational leadership and is responsible for safe and organized shift operations.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Effective operations of warehouse management
- Ensures safe work environment through safety awareness programs and identifies safety opportunities.
- Monitors individual performance through visibly defined expectations, provides coaching and counseling if required
- Evaluates ability of supervisors and provides feedback for career growth
- Ensures adherence to compliance with Laws and Regulations
- Must possess excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to develop quick plans to deliver results
- Ability to develop talents within organization.
Distribution Center Supervisor
Primary Job Responsibilities are as listed below:
- Provide leadership, and direction to associates and management team
- Maintains high level of safety among the employees
- In charge for employee supervision, counseling and performance evaluations
- Communicates with other team members for maintaining smooth operation and efficient workflow
- Ensures all the associates comply with distribution center policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Knowledge about warehouse operations
- Ability to maintain working relationships with associates and other management teams
- Should be a computer literate
- Should possess strong MS Word and Excel skills.
Primary responsibility of a material handler is to receive product from vendors, pick products for stores and loads trucks. Other duties include
- Verify shipments for damaged goods and shortages
- Update data about all merchandise transferred from one store to another
- Prepare promos each day for shipment
- Use of tools like forklift and other industrial equipment to speed up the movement of goods
- Manage production logs about the work performed daily
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to complete job responsibilities productively and correctly
- Ability to perform tedious tasks
- Experienced to work individually or as a team
Distribution centers – location:
The store currently operates seven distribution centers located at
- And Washington
Benefits offered at Michaels.
- Supreme career opportunities for associates
- Flexible work schedules
- Comprehensive benefits packages
- Competitive base pay
- Vacation and retirement plans and more
How to apply for a job at Michaels:
Click on the “Click here to get started” button to search for various job opportunities. After selecting the Job, click on “Apply Online”. If you are a first time user, then you will be prompted to create a username and password and then complete the application. Returning users can apply directly using their username and password.
The Material Handlers get a starting pay of $11.00/hour with additional production incentives. People working at Michaels are very much satisfied with the work environment. Few reviews about Michaels suggest that the store pays pretty well for what they ask you to do.