The company began its operation in a one-room store selling a single product, the Maine Hunting Shoe (aka L.L.Bean Boot). As years went by, the company grew its business including its product quality, customer service and a love of the customers. L.L.Bean products were always tested, guaranteed to last and shipped free.
After the death of Leon L. Bean on 1967, the company passed into the directorship of Bean’s grandson, Leon Gorman. In 2001, Gorman decided to take the position of Chairman handing over the position of CEO to Christopher McCormick, the first non-family member to assume the title.
L.L.Bean developed into a global company sourcing its products from the U.S. and across the globe. Currently the company employees over 6000 employees who hand-craft the company’s products such as the Maine Hunting Shoe, L.L.Bean Boot, Boat and Totes, dog beds, leather goods and backpacks. In 2010, L.L.Bean established a stylish sub-brand known as L.L.Bean Signature. The company has an annual sale of USD $1.52 billion in 2012.
L.L.Bean distribution center jobs:
Picking & packing:
The primary responsibility of this job role is to pick up the merchandise from trailers and move it to warehouse and vice versa. He is also responsible for proper packaging of all the goods that are shipped.
Other responsibilities include
- Lifting, crouching, and push or pulling of product and cases across warehouse
- Check the merchandise for any defects in packaging before shipment
- Maintain the log of goods transferred from the warehouse and vice versa
- Carefully follow all the safety guidance and procedures
- Work on variable schedules which will include weekends and some holidays
- Maintain a strong customer focus in every task
The primary responsibility of a material handler is to operate heavy equipment’s like forklift to move merchandise in and around the warehouse. Other responsibilities are
- Inspection of equipment’s every day
- Manage & control the operation of power equipment
- Servicing and maintenance of equipment
- Maintain safe work area
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- Health & Fitness Facilities and Classes
- 401k Program
- Pension Program
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Merchandise Discount
- Company Gift
- Service Award
- Competitive Wages & Salaries and many more
Online Job Application:
To apply for a job in L.L.Bean Distribution Center, visit the company’s official website https://llbeancareers.com . If you are new to the website, you will be asked to create your job profile before applying. Incase if you a returning visitor, you can login to the website directly with a username and password and search for your desired job at the preferred location. After choosing the job to apply, select the particular job and click apply button.
The systems engineer earns about $70k -$90k per month whereas customer service representative gets around $20k – $30k per month. Similarly associates are paid $10 – $12 per hour.
The employees working in L.L.Bean are satisfied with their company as 74% of them are willing to recommend the company to their friends. And 75% approve of the CEO.
Some of the pros and cons of working in L.L.Bean are
- Good work/life balance
- Friendly place to work
- Casual working environment
- Great perks
- Less chance for career promotion
- Low salary