The Company History
It was founded in 1938 by the family members of William Dillard, with the W. D. The company, which runs the company and control almost all of the company’s shares. The department store is operating about 290 locations in approximately 30 states, and employs around 80,000 people.
Jobs at Dillard’s centers of Distribution
You can work as a Warehouse employee at Dillard’s. As a warehouse employee at Dillard’s General, your task is to hand truck, use forklift or hands to move outgoing and incoming merchandise. You will be asked to verify, audit and check merchandise, to make sure that the ordered products have been received. You will label, palletize and identify merchandise on the flats. Furthermore, you will be loading outgoing products from four-wheel trucks on the trailer. In addition to the above mentioned activities, your tasks include reporting vendor compliance issues and damages to the supervisors, and cooperate with the supervisor to resolve any issues. A High School diploma is necessary for this job and is a preferred personnel with experience in working in an automated distribution center though it is not obligated.
Dillard’s Warehouses are located in the following places:
- New México
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
è Dillard’s also owns a few businesses in Montana and California.
Below are the benefits offered by Dillard’s:
Dillard’s General offers 401(k) Retirement and Savings plan, Health Benefits (medical, dental, prescription and vision, Disease Management, Health Risk Assessment), Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, Accidental Dismemberment and Death insurance, Accident and Business Travel insurance, paid holidays and Vacations with pay.
Part time employees get 401(k) Retirement and Savings plan, Health Benefits (prescription, dental, vision and medical).
In case you need to know more about a specific benefit, various benefits are explained on our webpage: www.dillards.com/information/faq
Applying for a position at a Dillard’s center
Follow the steps below in order to apply online for Dillard’s General jobs
- Go to http://www.department-store-applications.com/dillards-application/ and click on ‘Apply Online’ for Dillard’s distribution center jobs.
- Click on it; that will result in an e-verification screen display. Just click ‘Continue’.
- Then, click on ‘Search Openings’. You will be guided to the page where you can search for positions by Job Area, keyword and Location.
- At the ‘Job Category’ choose ‘General Warehouse’ if you want to apply for open warehouse jobs. When you make your selection of job category and location, click on ‘Search’ tab at the top of the page.
- A page will appear with the results of the search you performed. From the open jobs, select the position you want to apply for and click the ‘Apply to Job tab. In case you want to read the position requirements and description, click on the Auto Request ID of the position.
- When you click on ‘Apply to Job tab, It will require for you to login, so you can proceed with your job application. In case you don’t have a login, you can create one by choosing ‘Create a login’, shown at the right side of the page.
During the store application process, applicants might need to fill in some personality exams.
è The average salary for a year for a warehouse clerk is $26,000. When you’re called for the interview, many of the questions will be usual, standard questions such as where you see yourself several years down the line or why you wish to work there.
The employee satisfaction is leaning towards to be ‘Very satisfied’. There has been satisfaction hugely owing to the handling of employees and its management. You can apply online for a department position today and you will discover a rewarding career that waits for you!