“Essential to Care” – this is the core value of Cardinal Health, one of the largest healthcare supply chains in North America. With a slew of hospitals, ambulatory care centers and pharmacies depending on the company, it comes as no surprise why there are a lot of Cardinal Health distribution center jobs out there. Be part of this Fortune 500 cCmpany by trying out for any of these openings:
Distribution Center Supervisor
If you are ready to take on a leadership role, then the Cardinal Health distribution center jobs for supervisors is perfect for you. For this stint, you are expected to perform the following:
- Coordinate daily operations and supervise business support staff.
- Execute policies and procedures properly.
- Creates staff schedule.
- Maintains positive employee relations.
- Generate warehouse productivity and ad hoc reports.
- Ensures that workers perform their tasks accordingly.
- Enforce warehouse safety programs in order to ensure the security of the warehouse employees.
- Ensure that staff complies with state, local, FDA, OSHA, and DEA stipulations.
- Enforce decisions that have beneficial effects on the warehouse or the customers.
To qualify for the supervisor stint of Cardinal Health distribution center jobs, you need to possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years’ experience in distribution center operations
- 1-3 years’ experience in supervising
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency in computer applications, especially MS office programs
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma
Distribution Center Associate
Warehouse operations are essential to the company. When you become part of these Cardinal Health distribution center jobs, you will contribute to the proper receipt, storage, and shipment of products.
As a distribution center associate, your tasks will include the following:
- Follow protocols on processing orders. Activities include picking the right orders, undergoing quality control checks, consolidating packages, wrapping pallets, and preparing packages for shipment, to name a few.
- Conduct inventory control and housekeeping tasks.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Comply with the requirements of the Environmental Health and Safety Board.
To qualify for Cardinal Health distribution center jobs, applicants need to possess the following requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years’ work experience in fast-food, retail, or warehouse
- Experience in warehouse or radio frequency warehousing
- Orientation to detail and self-motivation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn how to operate handling equipment such as forklifts, reach trucks, and order pickers
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, with the occasional stooping and bending
- Capacity to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work in fast-paced work environment
Distribution Center Returns Associate
A returns associate is just one of the many available Cardinal Health distribution center jobs. If you are interested in working for the company, then here are the responsibilities expected of successful applicants:
- Packs small items.
- Palletize large packages and wrap them for shipment.
- Break down product cases.
- Receive items on the warehouse dock, scan them with the RF scanner, and encode the details into the computer.
- Operate material handling equipment.
- Make use of voice to pick system in order to get large case items.
The requirements for the distribution center returns associate are similar to that of the distribution center associate.
Distribution Center Lead Associate
If you plan on climbing the ladder of Cardinal Health distribution center jobs, then go try out for the lead associate opening. Here are the responsibilities that entail the said opening:
- Fill in orders as needed.
- Ensure that Cardinal Health policies and procedures are thoroughly followed.
- Coordinate warehouse work flow to accomplish daily objectives.
- Carries out calibration and temperature checks.
- Handle multiple projects as necessary.
- Handle employee inquiries and troubleshoots any problems within the area.
- Assists in the orientation of newly-hired employees.
- Motivate warehouse workers to meet productivity goals.
- Maintain positive employee relations.